Pentagon says 750+ troops wounded in Iran war since late February
The Pentagon reported more than 750 U.S. service members wounded since the Iran war began in late February, after combining “Operation Epic Fury” figures with updated totals under the “Overseas Operations” category.
The Pentagon reported more than 750 U.S. service members wounded since the Iran war began in late February, with the toll rising further this week.
DCAS Data Shows Mounting Human Cost According to Defense Casualty Analysis System data, more than 750 service members were wounded when figures from "Operation Epic Fury" are combined with updated totals under the newer "Overseas Operations" category.
Eighteen service members were killed.
The Overseas Operations category began tracking casualties on Jul.
7, the same day the U.S. resumed airstrikes on Iran following attacks on tankers in the Strait of Hormuz.
At the time, President Donald Trump notified Congress that he was extending the authorized military action for 60 days.
Pentagon Faces Scrutiny as Trump Escalates Iran Pressure The Pentagon previously faced criticism from news outlets and Democratic lawmakers after the number of U.S. service members killed and wounded in action decreased in the DCAS database, The Hill reported on Friday.
Trump this week announced the “most crushing economic operation ever” against Iran, as talks between Tehran and Oman over reopening the Strait of Hormuz remain stalled. “This will be Economic Warfare and Isolation on an unprecedented scale,” Trump said on Wednesday.
The U.S.-Iran conflict will soon enter its seventh month, with no signs of a permanent truce.
Disclaimer: This content was partially produced with the help of AI tools and was reviewed and published editors.
Image via Shutterstock Read Also: Trump Says He’ll Spend ‘a Lot’ of MAGA Inc.’s $850 Million War Chest to Help Republicans Fight for Midterm Wins: 'We're in Very Good Shape'